Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

John Axford loses consecutive saves streak, leaves note for media to be with ... - SportingNews.com

Milwaukee Brewers closer John Axford had a streak of 49 straight saves. On Friday night, that streak was broken by the Chicago Cubs who rallied for for three runs in the ninth inning to turn a 5-4 deficit into a 7-5 lead.

The Brewers would go on to score two runs in the ninth inning to tie the game on Corey Hart's two-run home run and Hart would later win the game with a walkoff single in the 13th inning.

John Axford's consecutive saves streak came to an end on Friday night. (AP Photo)

After the game, Axford was not available to chat with the media, because Axford's wife, who is eight months pregnant needed to go to the hospital.

Axford, however, left a note for the media explaining the situation and addressed the loss of his saves streak.

The note read: "I put my wife into contractions with my performance tonight! So I had to run to the hospital. The streak is over so now you can talk about it. The luck I've had in the past didn't show up tonight! All I can do is begin another streak and keep my head up! Cliche...cliche...another cliche. Gotta go! Love, Ax."

No comments:

Post a Comment