Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

NBA Summer League 2012: Brian Butch Leaves Atlanta Hawks For Milwaukee ... - SB Nation

Brian Butch didn't quite fit into the new philosophy of the Atlanta Hawks, where they rebuild with younger players and develop them through the system. So the 27-year-old former Appelton West star left the Hawks for the Milwaukee Bucks to play Summer League ball.

The Bucks' roster includes 2012 draft picks John Henson (14th overall) and Doron Lamb (42nd overall), as well as former first-round picks Larry Sanders (2010, 15th overall) and Tobias Harris (2011, 19th overall).

"They had a change in philosophy,'' Butch said today from Atlanta, where he was taking part in a Hawks' minicamp. "It was my choice. Not by any means did they kick me out of there. But I want to go somewhere where I can play and be seen. In summer league, that's what it's all about. And making sure you're going to play is the biggest thing."

"I appreciate the opportunity the Hawks were going to give me,'' Butch added. "And you do have to have a team that likes you enough to bring you in and let you play so I appreciate everything Milwaukee is doing to let me play.

"We'll see where it leads to. If you play well it can open up a bunch of doors and if not, you have to go back and evaluate and see what happens after that. But it's all about opportunities and I appreciate the opportunity Milwaukee is giving me to get out there and play.''

Read more on the Hawks at Peachtree Hoops and for news around the league, check out the

SB Nation NBA hub page.

No comments:

Post a Comment